Ways to Prevent Cancer Naturally
In naturopathic medicine, one of our guiding principles is “prevention is the best medicine”.
If you are looking for ways to prevent cancer, you are in the right place! Did you know that the World Health Organization and the American Cancer Society predict that 35% to 70% of cancers are caused by modifiable lifestyle factors? That means that you hold the control to make the right choices to reduce your cancer risk.
The lifestyle factors identified in preventing cancer are totally doable with the right guidance and support. Things like:
- Quitting smoking
- Reducing alcohol consumption
- Eating the right amounts of fruits and vegetables
- Being at a healthy weight
- Having the right amount of vitamin D
- Regular physical activity
- Screening for common cancer markers
- Reducing exposures to environmental chemicals, and addressing environmental exposures with environmental medicine
You might be looking into prevention because of your family history. Maybe you have a family risk of cancer or genetic markers that increase your risk of cancer, like BRCA 1, BRCA 2, or HNPCC/Lynch Syndrome.
Did you know that certain supplements could reduce your risk of expressing the gene and creating tumors?
I would love to talk to you about exactly how you can support your body in reducing your risk of cancer growth. From diet to targeted herbs, there are so many ways to prevent cancer within your control! Together, we can be the change we want to see in the world … we can affect our epigenetics and help reduce the incidence of cancer. One person and one change at a time.